No matter how old your kids are, they will surely end up suffering from summer boredom at some point. Having the kids home full time this summer may sound overwhelming, but you’re in luck. There are ways you can keep your kids busy, while having fun too. Today we’re featuring summer chore ideas for kids of all ages. Enjoy this unique list of opportunity to give your kids something to do while you enjoy a clean yard, home and summer season.
Summer Chores for Kids
- Clean the bathroom
- Wash laundry and fold it.
- Wash dishes and take care of them.
- Mow the lawn.
- Mow the neighbor’s lawn.
- Walk the dog.
- Walk the neighbor’s dog.
- Organize the books found in the home.
- Create a corner for summer entertainment.
- Rake the lawn after mowing.
- Pick up sticks from the lawn.
- Make a bonfire or campfire pile.
- Cook lunch on the grill.
- Clean the grill.
- Clean up the front porch.
- Plant some flowers.
- Plant some vegetables.
- Babysit a younger sibling.
- Dust the entire house.
- Clean the showers and bathtubs.
- Vacuum all carpets in the house.
- Sweep and mop all hardwood floors.
- Prepare breakfast or cook dinner.
- Trim the shrubs and bushes in the yard.
- Groom the garden.
- Plan a family staycation.
- Clean off kitchen counters.
- Organize the junk drawer.
- Go through closets and donate no longer used items.
- Go through old clothes, donating ones that no longer fit.
- Clean their bedroom.
- Make their bed.
- Feed and water the pets.
- Fill the bird feeder.
There are many chores that kids of all ages can do this summer season. Our list is meant to be a starting point for you to figure out what you’ll have the kids do this summer. Using a list of chores that all kids can do throughout the summer break will help curb the boredom moments and keep your household looking great all summer long.
Set up these chores in Homey chores app, where you can also set up a commission for each chore. At the end of every week during summer break, approve what your kids have completed, and submit an allowance to them via our chore app. And, if you are having trouble getting your kids to keep up with tidying, you can check this blog from MyHomeLovely.